Calling All Emerging Writers--Contest!
Emerging Writer Contest! Stories by Hummingbird Readers.
(You vote on your favorite!)
Always wanted to write a story or an essay and have it published? Here's your opportunity!
Hummingbird is announces its first Emerging Writer Contest. You are invited to submit an original story or essay. And, if you are the final winner, your story will be published on Hummingbird under the Emerging Writer banner.
- Your story must contain or feature the word “blue” in any context.
- No more than 150 words.
- Your story must have a title.
- You may submit up to 2 stories per contest.
- The top 2 stories will be chosen by a panel of Hummingbird authors.
- Semi-finalists will be featured on the HBP so that Hummingbird Readers can vote on their favorite.
The winning author, based on Hummingbird audience vote, will be invited to submit an original story of their choosing for future publication on Hummingbird on an agreed upon date. The short story or essay can have up to 400 words. The story or essay must be approved for publication by the publisher.
- Email submission(s) through Contact Us.
- Include your name with your submission.
- Submission will be confirmed by Hummingbird.
- Deadline: Friday, May 18, 2018
- The two semi-finalists will be announced and their story/essay published May 25, 2018.
- Hummingbird voting opens May 25, 2018 and closes June 6, 2018.
- The winner will be announced and the winning story/essay will be published and promoted on June 9, 2018.
Please share this post among your networks and connections...and with everyone you know! All submissions are welcome and will be considered. Good luck!